Bulk bag of kiln dried logs (use the drop down menu to order log type)
Collection or free delivery within 5 miles of of Coleraine depot bt522dx.
Oak logs have the longest burning time and the highest heat output, but are the hardest to light.
Beech logs will give a bright flame and will give more energy heat output than ash or birch.
Horn beam – also known as Ironwood, incredibly dense which would indicate the toughness of this particular tree.
- Moisture content below 15%.
- Log length oak 28 cm Birch 25 cm
- Kiln logs are more efficient and economical with slow burning at very high temperature.
- 35% more calorific than seasoned firewood logs, this means you get four times more burning time than you would with soft wood. When burning this wood gives an intense red glow.
- Ideal for standard sized stoves and fireplaces.
- Suitable for Pizza ovens or chimineas.
- Low Maintenance fuel.
- Hardly any ashes.
- Reduces Chimney cleaning, hardly any soot or smoke.
- Reduces burn on glass fronted stoves.
- Easy and clean fuel to handle.
- High Heat Output.
- Burns three times longer than softwood logs.
All Kiln logs have been dried in a kiln. This is an ideal way to reduce the moisture content of the logs below 20% The lower the moisture content of your firewood, the more heat is produced as less energy is used to evaporate any remaining moisture in the log.
A Pallet of logs is delivered by a vehicle equipped with a tail-lift.
The goods are lowered from the lorry via the tail-lift and then positioned on your drive way by a man operated pallet truck.
The pump truck will not travel over soft or loose surfaces such as gravel or grass. Excess gradients can cause difficulty on lowering down of the pallet.
The pallet of logs requires a smooth flat surface for positioning.
Please let us know if you have any particular request regarding your delivery.
We will always do our best to accommodate our customers needs.
enquires telephone Trevor 028 70326710